Friday, May 10, 2013

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

I am a huge pizza fan! I love it! Here is a quick, easy, and healthy recipe that I have enjoyed. This is the recipe I found online. Below are some changes I made...

    2 c. whole wheat flour
    1 pkg. or 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1 c. warm water
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. honey

Pour flour into a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and salt. Mix well. Add water, oil and honey; mix well. Cover with a moist cloth and place in a warm spot for 10 minutes to rise.
Punch down and press into a greased 14 inch pizza pan or a 10 inch pan for a thicker crust. Spread sauce and other ingredients on pizza crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=79407

 I usually add a little more olive oil and honey. Also, I let the kids roll out their own "personal pizzas." I also brush the crust with a little olive oil and some seasoning (Johnny's Garlic Bread seasoning from Costco) before putting on the sauce and toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment