Friday, May 10, 2013

Caramel Popcorn Recipe

I love making treats and here is the recipe for one of my favorites!

2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 tsp salt

Stir over medium/medium-high heat until bubbling. Add:

1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)

Stir constantly until boiling. Add:

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

Stir constantly until the mixture reaches soft ball stage (228 degrees). I usually just put some cold water in a glass dish until it feels soft, but does not disintegrate into the water. It takes me about 2-4 minutes of boiling. Remove mixture from heat and add:

2 tsp vanilla

Pour over 5 gallons of popped corn. I fill my air popper measuring cup a little under level three times. After mixing the popcorn and caramel well, pour mixture on parchment paper or nonstick cookie sheets to cool. You can make caramel popcorn balls or just put it in baggies after cooling. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment